August 8, 2010

Goodbye Ohio...Hello California

Our next adventure (or 6 month rotation) to California has come. Our time in Ohio flew by so fast. The movers came the last week of July and packed us up.
Coulson thought it was so fun to play hide and seek between all the boxes!

My poor baby was a little confused I think. He kept watching the movers as they were packing everything, especially his toys. He kept looking at me like, Mom, what is happening? What are they doing with all my toys.
Almost loaded!
Off to California!!!
Nate had a wonderful boss in Ohio. We loved his family. He had 2 kids that were around Coulson's age. Coulson just loved them. We had so much fun with them on our play dates.

These cute babies are all of Coulson's friends in our ward. They are all within a year from each other. So fun!!
We made so many friends in Ohio. It was so hard to leave. I am going to miss all of these cute Mommies and their babies. All of our husbands work for Avery Dennison and we are all in the same ward. It has been so fun with everyone, because we all are in the same stage of life.
Coulson is especially going to miss this adorable little girl, Claire. She was his first girlfriend! They love being with each other and are always hugging each other. They are 4 months apart.

They were inseparable!
Our last family picture in front of our apartment before we flew out!
Nate's first day of work in California!
Our first weekend in California we were able to go to a LA Dodger's Baseball Game! Avery has their own box suite there, so they had a little get together there with everyone. It was so awesome!

Our sweet baby was still on Eastern time and crashed about the 7 inning. He almost made it!
We are currently going on Day 5 in our hotel. We are just patiently waiting for the arrival of all of our stuff. Coulson has been doing well, given he has been in a hotel for so long with only a few toys that would fit in his diaper bag. We go on a lot of walks and go swimming almost everyday. We have been on quite the adventure and are looking forward to getting settled into our new apartment.

We just want to thank all of our friends in Ohio for everything. Thank you for all of the dinners, play dates, swimming days, and for being such amazing friends. When you live in area without family, your friends become your family and you become so close. We couldn't have done it without all of you. We are truly going to miss you. We are also going to miss our ward. We loved our ward. It felt like home. Thanks again. We love you all!

8 comments:

C Tam said...

it feels so strange to go by your old apartment and not see Coulson's toys on the deck! We miss you!

AliandT said...

Heidi you are AMAZING!!!!I'm sure its been an adventure to go to so many places but, you have to be so strong to start over every 6 months. Your little guy is growing so fast what a cutie he is. Where are you at in CA?

Nathan said...

Heidi, pass this on to Nathan.

Did you guys know that Painesville, Ohio was my first area when I served in the Ohio Cleveland Mission? I lived there (near the college) from November 1998-February 1999. I loved it in Painesville. At that time we were part of the Perry ward. It was one of the top two areas on my mission. I have fond memories of Painesville but unfortunately I have not been back since. I'm glad you were able to live there!

Kristen said...

Looks like you are having fun in sunny Cali and almost getting settled in! But we miss you guys like crazy!! I hope your stuff comes soon and that you can find a fun mommy group there too. Don't forget about us in Ohio! :)

Kristen said...

P.S. I know Claire misses Coulson. She has been in a bad mood for a few days so it's either missing Coulson or she is teething, probably both actually!

Michelle and James said...

It does seem like you had a great time in Ohio. I hope you enjoy California, now you are closer to your families which is nice. Hope all is well. Will you send me an address as soon as you get one I want to send you a baby shower invite even if you can't come. chelbel_19@hotmail.com

linzy said...

heid. we have friends in la... they go to the dodgers games too!!! i need to hook you two up!!!

Rendi said...

I think he knows his friends more than us!! His hugs sure show it! ha
Miss and love ya all!!