July 21, 2008

American Idol Concert!

My family and I had the opportunity to go to the American Idol Concert in Salt Lake. We are crazy American Idol fans! Here are some pictures from the concert.

We had to stop at Murray High School and take pictures where our favorite Idol, David Archuleta went to school!
















If you can't tell, Chelsi is a complete Jason Castro fan! I think it might even be an obsession.













Shay is a David Archuleta fan along with me, my Mom, and Rendi






It was so fun to see all of the Idols! Michael Johns was definitely one of the biggest entertainers of the show. Kristy Lee Cook had improved so much. I loved Brooke White! She was one of my favorites. The first thing she said when she came out on stage was, “Utah, this is the place.” David Archuleta! He was definitely the STAR of the show, being in his home town. I have never in my whole life heard a crowd scream so loud! It was pretty much a stadium of little Mormon girls screaming their hearts out for him. I have to admit, I might have been one of those girls. He was just as amazing in person as he was on the show! And David Cook, what more can I say! He was awesome as usual.

After the show, we were determined to meet the Idols, so my Mom asked about 10 ushers how we could. Most of them didn't know much, but one usher told us to go to the back of the stadium and wait at the gate and when they would get on their tour bus they would see us and come talk to us. So we ran outside as fast as we could, and of course, there were about 200 other crazy fans doing the same thing. We made it up to the front of the gate and waited patiently for them to come out. They came out one at time. We met most of them and were able to get their autographs too! After the Idols left, my Mom continued to talk to the Ushers and one of them told us to come back tomorrow around noon and stand by the gate again and when they came to get ready for the show they would see us and come talk to us again. I had to go back to work unfortunately, but the rest of my family stayed and got to meet them again, but this time with a lot less people. Which meant they got to spend a little more one on one time with them. Overall, it was so much fun. Nate and Rendi weren’t able to go, because it was finals week at school. We definitely missed them. I can’t wait till January when we start all over again with another exciting American Idol Season!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dang girl! There are alot of pics! It was fun seeing all of them tho! I really wish i could have went but I guess school is more important!

criss said...

Heidi, thanks I loved looking at each and every picture. You guys were so lucky! Has Chelsie come down from the clouds yet with all those cool pictures with Jason? Fun, I will probably watch that slide show over and over.

Tavis Johnson said...

So much fun for you guys!!:) Your little sister is a cutie. Didn't she meet him too?-les